ACKNOWLEDGMENTS, FOOTNOTES AND SOURCE ATTRIBUTION
Thanks to the following people, each of whom contributed greatly to this manuscript by way of editing and commenting on the book. While some of the information presented in this book does not necessarily represent the views of all the editors, their unvarnished reviews made this a better book.
- J. Corey Brown, MD: Concierge Medical Practitioner and Emergency Room Physician, with practice in Clark County, NV. My personal physician for 25 years.
- Nicholas J. Feduska, MD: Former Director, Kidney Transplant Program, National Naval Medical Center and Naval Medical Institute, Bethesda, MD (1973–75); Tenured Professor of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco (1975–89); Director of Transplant Programs at California Pacific Medical Center (San Francisco, 1989–95); Oschner Clinic (New Orleans, 1995–2000) and Sunrise Hospital (Las Vegas, 2000–3).
- Greg Lambrecht: Founder and Chairman of Coravin, the revolutionary wine access company; Founder and Executive Director of Intrinsic Therapeutics, Inc; Founder and Board Member of Viacor, Inc and AlphaPort, LLC, the last three companies of which are start-up medical device companies.
- George P. A. Rice, MD: Professor of Neurology, University of Western Ontario; Editorial Board, The International MS Journal; American Epilepsy Society Research Award (1992).
- John W. Schaeffer, MD, FACC: Cardiologist and Founder and President of North Ohio Heart, located in Elyria and Lorain, Ohio.
- Robert Tomhave, MD: Obstetrician and Gynecologist in private practice at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Lee Regional Ob/Gyn Associates in Johnstown, PA (1974–2001). Active Member — Pennsylvania Medical Society; American Fertility Society; American Society for Colposcopy & Cervical Pathology; and North American Society for Psychosocial Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- James C. Velghe: President, Work Dynamics, Inc., Kansas City, MO, which assists companies in selecting and developing high performance leaders, improving overall employee morale and solving sensitive issues and external threats to corporate integrity. During his career, Jim has been retained by over 1,000 hospitals and health-care systems throughout the United States, as well as having served on many for-profit and not-for-profit governing boards in healthcare, banking and law enforcement.